BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – October 10, 2018 – TAMKO Building Products, Inc. highlights the unique features of its Envision® composite decking that can provide real solutions for builders and contractors facing a skilled labor shortage. The brand is calling out these features in a newly-released chart comparing Envision to three of the other top composite deck boards on the market.
“This really highlights what we’ve been saying all along – Envision is not only a superior product in terms of beauty and appearance, but also in some of the unique features of its construction,” said Shara Gamble, director of Envision Decking sales and marketing. “Compare Envision for yourself and you’ll see its beauty goes deeper than the surface.”
Envision’s specially-blended colors and an enhanced warranty continue to make it a top choice among homeowners for its beauty and durability. Its unique compression-molded construction creates deep-grain patterns you can feel and bold color blends that call to mind the beauty of exotic hardwoods. Both the grain and color patterns are random, never repeating across a single board, providing a more beautiful and natural looking deck. A leading competitor’s pattern repeats up to five times on each 16-foot board.
Envision is also the only choice of the four brands featured in the comparison chart that, in addition to its 25-year limited warranty, offers a 5-year full-start warranty period, during which labor costs are also covered.
New this year for Envision is highlighting the product’s unique construction and dimensions that can make installation faster and potentially more profitable for contractors and builders. In a year when labor shortage is the biggest issue facing most installers, choosing Envision Decking can help.
- Wider boards – Envision’s larger, 5.5-inch width requires fewer boards to complete the job than several other brands on the market and can speed installation.
- No sorting required – Envision’s unique compression-molded construction and specially blended colors means no two Envision boards are the same. This eliminates the need for contractors to sort boards or pre-lay the deck, saving time and money.
- Better options for fastening – Envision boards are full, with no scalloped edges, making installation faster and easier. Additionally, Envision boards have a long list of approved fastening systems, including most of the major fastener brands.
- Better warranty – Envision is the only brand with a 25-year limited warranty not only for residential installation, but commercial as well, making it an attractive choice for businesses and multi-family construction. Additionally, the 5-year full start period of the warranty also applies to commercial applications – providing unrivaled coverage in the industry.
- Wider stair stringer spacing – Compared to several competitors, Envision has significantly wider stair stringer spacing requirements (12-inches, compared to 7- and 9-inches), also reducing installation time.
TAMKO invites Remodeling Show/Deck Expo attendees to see and feel the Envision difference for themselves through a product comparison station at TAMKO’s Envision® booth # 2000, October 10-11, at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland. You can also learn more about Envision Decking and locate a dealer near you by visiting www.EnvisionDecking.com.
About TAMKO® Composite Lumber
From decking to railing, TAMKO’s composite lumber offerings provide homeowners with exceptional options to create a beautiful outdoor space where beautiful things happen. These offerings include Envision Distinction®, Envision Inspiration®, Envision Expression®, EverGrain®, Marquee Railing® and TAM- RAIL®. For more information, visit our website at www.EnvisionDecking.com.
Note to editors and writers – The correct capitalization of the company name is TAMKO, due to the fact that it is an acronym. The letters stand for Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma – the company’s original trade area when founded in 1944. TAMKO’s trade area is now all 50 states.